Helmand roadside bombing claims 6 civilians lives
LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): Six civilians have been killed and five others wounded as a result of a landmine explosion in the Nawa district of southern Helmand province, an official said on Monday.
Omar Zwak, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the roadside bomb struck a fielder branded vehicle belonging to civilians near Afghan National Army’s (ANA) camp.
The vehicle was on its way from Nawa to Khanshin district. Women and children were among the dead and injured, he added.
Aghah Gul, a caregiver and relative of the injured people, said the victims of the blast were due to attend an engagement party.
He said, five women, one man, and a child killed and three women and as many children wounded in the incident.
According to hospital sources five injured including women and children had been evacuated to the hospital.
Militants have not commented about the incident.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.