2 senior security officials dismissed: Sar-i-Pul governor
SAR-I-PUL (Pajhwok): The governor said on Tuesday one Afghan National Army (ANA) and one public order police commander had been dismissed in northern Sar-i-Pul province.
Mohammad Zahir Wahdat, the Sar-i-Pul governor, told Pajhwok Afghan News the two dismissed were ANA 3rd Unit commander Abdul Ghani Nizami and public order police commander Niamatullah Azizi.
“The president dismissed them on my complaint over negligence in duty during the operations in Sancharak district.
The two security officials have not commented about their dismissal.
The governor said security forces were maintaining security in Suzma Qala, Sancharak and Gosfandi districts in cooperation with local residents.
Operation Naveed 15 lunched 10 days ago to retake some areas in Sancharak district from militants was underway, the governor said.
Sources say both sides have suffered casualties during the operation and dozens of families have been displaced.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.