Kunduz-Takhar highway reopened, claims police chief
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): After two weeks of closure, the Kunduz-Takhar highway has been reopened for traffic as a result of a clearing operation, an official said on Saturday.
Police chief, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Qasim Jangalbagh, told Pajhwok Afghan News the highway had been cleaned of militants during operations in Dokan Adam, Malarghi and Qushlaq Andarabiha of Khanabad district on Friday.
Seven militants were killed and several others wounded during the offensive, he said. “The highway is currently open and we have taken special security measures to keep it open. Operations are still underway in parts of Khanabad.”
However, resident Sher Mohammad said the highway was not fully reopened and only security convoys were travelling the route. He asked the government to clear all areas around the highway.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.