Zabul PC head survives bomb attack
QALAT (Pajhwok): The provincial council head for southern Zabul province survived a bomb attack on Monday, an official said.
Gul Islam Sial, the governor’s spokesman told Pajhwok Afghan News the explosion took place in Shah Hussain area on Shah Joy-Qalat highway on Monday afternoon.
He said the target of the attack was the provincial council head, Haji Atta Jan Haqbayan. However, Haqbayan was escaped unhurt from the incident.
No one was suffered casualties in the attack, Sial said, adding police was investigating the incident.
On the other hand, an official who wished not to be named said that three militants were killed during a clash with police.
No any militant groups so far commented on the incidents.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.