20 rebels eliminated in Kunduz offensive
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): At least 20 militants have been killed in Dasht-i-Archi district of northern Kunduz province during a clearing operation codenamed ‘Thunder-15,’ an official said on Tuesday.
The governor’s spokesman, Syed Mahmood Danish, told Pajhwok Afghan News the fresh casualties were inflicted on insurgents in Qarluq village on Monday.
He said the operation backed by fighter jets was ongoing in the district over the past 10 days aimed at purging the town of insurgents.
He said the operation had been slow going in order to avoid civilian causalities.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.