Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

20 insurgents, 3 security personnel killed in Kunduz

20 insurgents, 3 security personnel killed in Kunduz

Sep 26, 2016 - 13:44

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): At least 20 rebels and three security personnel have been killed during a clearing operation in the Dasht-i-Archi district of northeastern Kunduz province, local officials said on Monday.

Police chief, Mohammad Qasim Jangalbagh told Pajhwok Afghan News that more than 20 militants were killed and 28 others wounded over the past 24 hours.

He said several villages, including Nawabad, Qarlaq, Gurji, Kilinic, had been cleared of militants. Three security personnel were also killed and six others wounded in the operation.

Jangalbagh said the joint air and ground forces operation -- codenamed Thunder --was still ongoing in the district.

Meanwhile, the Afghan National Army in the northeastern said in a statement more than 85 militants had been killed, 61 wounded and seven others arrested during the offensive over the past few days.

It added 45 other suspects were also arrested in the operation. However, the Talibaninfo-icon have not yet commented on the operation so far.




Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update