30 rebels eliminated in Uruzgan, Kandahar clashes
TIRINGOT/KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): At least 30 Taliban militants have been killed and several others wounded in the security operations in Uruzgan and Kandahar provinces, an official said on Wednesday.
Brig. Gen. Wali Jan Sarhadi, Uruzgan provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News they had pushed backthe insurgents and a team of engineers was trying to defuse bombs in the locality.
He said fighting was still underway in the Sar Shkloarea of the Tirinkot. So far 14 militants had been killed and a number of Taliban and four policemen wounded and in the operation.
Meanwhile, Samim Khpalwak, the Kandahar governor’s spokesman, said 16 rebels were killed and four others injured in Shah Wali Kot and Mianshin districts of the southern province.
Some weapons of the militants were also destroyed during operations over the last 24 hours. However, the Taliban claimed inflicting casualties on security personnel in Tirinkot and Kandahar.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.