Hundreds of families displaced from Nawbahar village
FARAH (Pajhwok): Hundreds of families have left the Nawbahar village of Western Farah province due to militant-linked violence that left 50 Taliban dead and wounded, residents and an official said on Wednesday.
A resident of the village, Azizullah, told Pajhwok Afghan News around 300 rebels had gathered in the area to attack security check-posts. He said the displeased families had settled in different areas,
Some of the displaced people were living in their relatives’ houses he said, adding three check-posts of the Afghan National Armey (ANA) in the village came under attack last night.
Iqbal Bahir, provincial police spokesman, confirmed the clash between Taliban and security forces in Nawbahar. He said so far five militants had been killed and 10 others were wounded. The fighting was still underway.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.