24 Taliban dead, 3 wounded in security forces offensive
KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): Two-dozen Taliban have been killed and three others wounded in security forces airstrikes in Southern Kandahar province, Afghan National Army (ANA) said on Tuesday.
Maj. Amir Mohammad, spokesman for the 205 Atal military corps, told Pajhwok Afghan News security forces launched a joint offensive codenamed Shafaq-95 against militants in Kandahar, Uruzgan and Zabul provinces.
He added 24 militants have killed and three others wounded in the ongoing operation in Zangaitan locality of the Shawali-Kot district and Chorli district of the Uruzgan province.
Security forces had been striving to reopen the the Kandahar-Uruzgan highway in Shawali-kot district, he said.
Taliban have not yet commented about security forces operation.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.