IED blasts leave 8 children injured in Kandahar
KANDAHAR (Pajhwok): Eight children have been wounded in two separate roadside bombings in southern Kandahar province on Sunday, an official said.
The first blast that injured four children took place in Chinar area of Shah Walikot district at about 5pm, the governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the improvised explosive device (IED) tore through a passenger vehicle in the area, leaving the children injured. The children, aged between 10 and 15 years, had been taken to the Mirwais Hospital.
Khogyani said the second blast took place in Timur Band area of Maiwand district at about 6:30pm, injuring four children including two girls. He accused the Taliban of planting the bomb that went off after the children stepped on it.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.