Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

No plot behind Kunduz collapse, says Abdullah

No plot behind Kunduz collapse, says Abdullah

By
On
Oct 16, 2016 - 19:10

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abdullah Abdullah on Sunday denied the Kunduz conflict has any ethnic dimension or a conspiracy led to the city collapse.

The CEO told people’s representatives from the northern province of Kunduz at his office here that the provincial capital had not been deliberately allowed to be captured by insurgents.

About two weeks earlier, Talibaninfo-icon conducted a multi-pronged attack on Kunduz city and took control of some areas, rendering all government organizations, NGOs and shops closed and many families forced into escaping to other provinces.

Following 10 days of fighting, currently the situation of the province is limping towards normalcy, with government organizations, NGOs and people again carrying on their activities.  

A statement from the CEO office said representatives of ethnic groups, tribal elders, mujahideeninfo-icon, womeninfo-icon and youth from Kunduz shared their issues with CEO Abdullah.

The representatives and influential people discussed the situation of displaced families, the province’s collapse, the killing of innocent people and looting of their possessions and called for ensured security in Kunduz.  

They assailed the government for breaching its promises of bringing about fundamental reforms and ensuring security after the province’s collapse last year.

They also demanded a cut in power tariff in Kunduz, resolution to agricultural issues and fundamental reforms within the current administration.

The statement quoted Abdullah as saying “ensuring security in Kunduz and addressing people’s concerns in this regard is my top priority and we will deeply discuss Kunduz related issues at this week’s National Security Council meeting.”

“First of all we are responsible for the Kunduz collapse, it is our duty to ensure security for you and obviously it is your right. I assure you there will be soon essential discussions regarding Kunduz.”  

The CEO said the National Security Council and Cabinet meetings would look into Kunduz people’s suggestions and the government would take essential steps in this regard. 

He said investigation into Kunduz issue was ongoing and the displaced families’ issues would also be addressed.

sns/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Twitter Update