Tax week public outreach campaign
Medium Taxpayers office (MTO) at Afghanistan Revenue Department has developed a new public awareness campaign concept named “Tax Week”, which will be celebrated during the first week of every afghan fiscal year to reach our respected Taxpayers and guide them throughout the Tax returns filing processes according to the approved taxation laws in the country.
Medium Taxpayers office will organize a one week outreach campaign for the afghan fiscal year 1396 (Starting 1st Jadi, 1395 – 30th Qaus 1396 or staring December 21st, 2016– December 20th, 2017) to formally launch this concept in Afghanistan.
Aims of this full week outreach campaign are as follows:
- Increased understanding of the Taxation laws such as Income Tax law and Tax administration law.
- Explaining the important kinds of taxes, their withholding norms, expected time and filling the correct annual tax returns i.e. (Tax on salaries, rent, business receipt Tax (BRT) and Income).
- Guidance on the administrative processes at Tax collection points and the newly established Tax collection system (SIGTAS).
- Highlighting the legal rights and responsibilities of Taxpayers that the laws have granted them, especially the right of appealing against any decision of the Taxpayer office in appeal department if the taxpayer is not satisfied.
- Establishing/promoting a coordination mechanism between the taxpayers and the tax collection offices in Afghanistan revenue department.
The medium Taxpayers office senior outreach representatives will be visiting the Taxpayer organizations and unions and/or inviting them to Afghanistan Tax and customs academy in a planned schedule during the course of the week starting December 21, 2016 and will end on December 27, 2016.
A total number of 2500 representatives will participate in these events representing different layers of registered taxpayers and relevant stakeholders such as Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Afghan chamber of commerce & industries, Afghanistan Industrial union, Afghan Women network (AWN), ACBAR, ANCB, union for universities, union for private hospitals, union for hotels & restaurants, union for private schools and university of Kabul.
Anyone interested in joining this campaign and wants to be familiar with Taxation Laws and procedures in Afghanistan can participate in our events. For queries and additional information about the events and their locations you can visit the Medium Taxpayers office located in old macroryan next to Millie bus tasadee or can contact us via 0202313722.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.