3 civilians killed, 7 wounded in Kunduz airstrike
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): At least 10 individuals, including three civilians, were killed and 10 others wounded in an airstrike by security forces in Chahardara district of northern Kunduz province, officials said on Thursday.
Brig. Gen. Abdul Hameed Hameedi, the provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News commando forces, backed by air support, raided a Taliban hideout in the Yatim locality of the district on Wednesday night.
“When the commando personnel stormed the Taliban safe-haven, the insurgents took refuge in a residence. Seven rebels were killed and three others wounded in the attack,” the police chief said.
Hameedi added three civilians were also killed and seven others wounded during the operation. However, he did not go into details.
Other local sources said the bombardment took place at around 11pm, and that the air rad was conducted by foreign troops.
Naz Bibi, who was injured in the attack and admitted to the Kunduz Zonal Hospital, said they were sleeping when the aircraft struck their house.
“My father, mother and sister were killed. Two of my sisters, a brother, a nephew, a cousin and I were wounded in the bombardment.”
Hakeemullah, a teacher who was also injured, said: “At 11pm the aircraft hit our house, killing three of my family members and wounding six others, including me.”
Dr. Naeem Mangal, the hospital director, said seven injured, including four women, a child and two men, had been brought to the hospital. Condition of a woman is said to be critical.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.