Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Perpetrators of Kandahar, Zabul attacks killed

Perpetrators of Kandahar, Zabul attacks killed

Jun 11, 2013 - 12:14

KANDAHAR CITY (PANinfo-icon): A five-member militant group involved in planning deadly attacks in the Aino Mina area of Kandahar and the capital of Zabul province has been eliminated, officials said on Tuesday.

The Kandahar police chief made the claim a day after six suicide bombers attacked Zabul’s provincial council office. All suicide bombers were killed and 20 people, including two public representatives, wounded.

On May 21, nine people were killed and more than 70 others wounded -- most of them civilians -- in a suicide bombing in the Aino Mina locality of Kandahar City.

Brig. Gen. Abdul Razzaq, the Kandahar police head, told Pajhwok Afghan News some suspect behind the suicide attack in Aino Mina had been detained while others managed to escape.

Police were looking for the suspected attackers, who were arrested on the basis of an intelligence tip-off in Chaghni area between Kandahar and Zabul provinces on Monday, Razzaq said.

The detained were also involved in planning Monday's suicide attack on the provincial council office in Zabul, he said, adding the men were trying to flee to Pakistaninfo-icon, but police caught them.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update