خدمات پژواک

بخش عکاسى پژواک

پوشش خبری انتخابات

صفحه ویژۀ معادن

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

خدمات پيام هاى تجارتى پژواک

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Kandahar police still clueless about missing civilians

Kandahar police still clueless about missing civilians

Jul 29, 2017 - 17:52

KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): Police on Saturday said security forces were searching for dozens of civilians the Talibaninfo-icon had kidnapped nine days ago in southern Kandahar province.

The Taliban held the civilians captive after attacking police-check posts on the Kandahar-Uruzgan highway in Shah Walikot district.

They killed seven, released 30 and are still holding 33 civilians in custody. Kandahar police spokesman Zia Durrani told Pajhwok Afghan News police and intelligence agencies were striving hard to find the whereabouts of the missing civilians, but so far there had been no clue.

Haji Mohammad Naeem, who was among those the Taliban released after abduction, said the Taliban used ladders and forced their way into civilians’ homes, tied the hands of men and took them with themselves.

He said they were shifted to Paryan locality where Taliban were present with tens of vehicles furnished with arms.

Durrani said families of the abducted individuals, reaching up to 50 persons, had been assisted. He assured security forces would use all available resources for the safe recovery of the abducted civilians.

Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi denied the Taliban held civilians captive. He said the fighters attacked police check-posts in Shah Walikot district few days back and held 17 people during the clash but released all of them after investigation.

The Kandahar-Uruzgan highway has been blocked for the past few days after militants planted landmines on the road.

/ma

علامت: 

گزارش های مربوطه:

تبصره کنيد

اعلانات

Advertisement