خدمات پژواک

بخش عکاسى پژواک

پوشش خبری انتخابات

صفحه ویژۀ معادن

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

خدمات پيام هاى تجارتى پژواک

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

HOOAC head for Kunduz freed after payment of ransom

HOOAC head for Kunduz freed after payment of ransom

Jun 24, 2018 - 17:55

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): The High Office of Oversight and Anti-corruption (HOOAC) head for northeastern Kunduz province has been freed after payment of ransom to kidnappers, local officials said on Sunday.

Syed Mujibullah Sadat, acting head of HOOAC for the northern province, had been abducted in the Imaminfo-icon Sahib district of Kunduz 48 days ago.

Syed Akram, Sadat’s son, told Pajhwok Afghan News his father was released on Saturday without any support from the government.

“Kidnappers have cut four fingers of my father; we paid them ransom for releasing my father. The government did not help us in getting him freed,” he added.

Akram did not provide more details about his father’s release, which was also confirmed by the governor’s spokesman, Niamatullah Timori.

But he did not comment on the ransom paid to the kidnappers, saying his family and Afghan security forces had struggled for Sadaat’s release.

On the other hand, Kunduz residents say kidnapping cases had increased in the province.

Sher Agha, a resident of Kunduz City, said kidnapping cases had lately increased in the province. Most of the abductees were released after payment of ransom, he added.

“Kidnappings had become a good a business, as the government has been silent on the issue. Anyone can be kidnapped for ransom,” he said.

Agha feared many businessmen would withdraw their investments if kidnapping cases continued in Kunduz -- an unstable province that was twice overran by Talibaninfo-icon in the past three years.

mds/mud

علامت: 

گزارش های مربوطه:

تبصره کنيد

اعلانات

Advertisement