خدمات پژواک

بخش عکاسى پژواک

پوشش خبری انتخابات

صفحه ویژۀ معادن

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

خدمات پيام هاى تجارتى پژواک

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

30 Nangarhar villages cleared as operations continue

30 Nangarhar villages cleared as operations continue

Jul 20, 2019 - 20:48

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Joint Afghan security forces have cleared at least 30 big and small villages of the presence of Talibaninfo-icon militants during 15 days of operations in the Chaparhar district of eastern Nangarhar province, official said on Saturday.

The security forces after clearing the areas of militants have set up security posts in order to allow the displaced families to return to their homes.

Launched 15 days ago, the Afghan military-led operations in Chaparhar are backed by air and artillery support, said Maj. Mohammad Haroon, the 201 Selab Military Corps spokesman.

He said the operations against Taliban and Daesh operatives involved personnel from the army, national police, public order police, border police, local police and uprising forces.

He said so far 30 small and big villages have been cleared and the operations were underway. He said fresh security forces had set up check posts in areas which were cleared during the operations.

He said 15 landmines were found and defused and 10 heavy and lights weapons confiscated during the operations so far.

Nangarhar governor Shah Mahmood Miakhel said the operations in Charparhar aimed at improving security in the district and Jalalabad, the provincial capital.

He said most of terrorist attacks in Jalalabad were planned and executed from Chaparhar district. As a result of the operations, the governor said, the situation in the district had improved and families who fled Taliban militants were now preparing to return.

ma

علامت: 

گزارش های مربوطه:

تبصره کنيد

اعلانات

Advertisement