Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Commander among 22 rebels to surrender in Sarobi

Commander among 22 rebels to surrender in Sarobi

By
On
Jun 25, 2011 - 17:12

JALALABAD (PANinfo-icon): A commander was among 22 rebels who surrendered to authorities in Sarobi district of central Kabulinfo-icon province, an official said on Saturday.

Led by the group’s commander, Gul Nazak, and his deputy, Yar Mohammad, the militants had been actively fighting against the government in the Lagarlam and Bazargkhel areas of the Wazbin valley, District Chief Hazrat Mohammad Haqbin told Pajhwok Afghan News.

The surrender was a result of intensive efforts by intelligence operatives from Kabul and the district, he said.

Nazak and his associates turned in 13 Kalashnikov assault rifles and several others weapons to the authorities, Haqbin said.

The surrendered militants would be given plots of land and other assistance for agreeing to lead normal lives in the district, the administrative head of the town said.

ma/at

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update