Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

US PRT withdraws from Panjsher

US PRT withdraws from Panjsher

By
On
Dec 29, 2011 - 11:08

PARAKH (PANinfo-icon): With the process of transition to the Afghan security lead continuing, the US Provincial Reconstructioninfo-icon Team (PRTinfo-icon) withdrew from central Panjsher province, officials said on Thursday.

As part of security transition from foreign soldiers to Afghan security forces, US troops based in Panjsher handed control to Afghans, Governor Kiramuddin Karim told Pajhwok Afghan News.

The governor said they were happy with  assistances from the US-led PRT and asked for further aid to the province. "After the withdrawal of US troops, there is no foreign soldier left in the province."

The US troops leaving Panjsher would be deployed to the Bagram Airbase in Parwan province, an American official said, promising long-term support to the province.

According to the US official, local residents had been cooperative. He asked them to cooperate with local officials. As many as 150 US soldiers were deployed in Panjsher.

mrh/myn/frm/mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update