Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Governor doubts PRT claim of spending $28m in Ghazni

Governor doubts PRT claim of spending $28m in Ghazni

By
On
Dec 31, 2011 - 18:34

GHAZNI CITY (PANinfo-icon): The Ghazni governor on Saturday rejected the Provincial Reconstructioninfo-icon Team (PRTinfo-icon) claim of spending $28 million (1,378 million afs) in the southern province, alleging the funds had been misappropriated.

Mostly Polish troops with the NATOinfo-icon-led International Security and Assistance Force (ISAFinfo-icon) are deployed to the province, where they are fighting the insurgents in addition to taking care of reconstruction projects.

Governor Musa Khan Akbarzada, at a press conference in Ghazni City, showed reporters the documents of funds spent on projects in the province during the last two years (2010-2011). The amount claimed was so huge and the numbers of schemes so small, he said.

The governor believed the funds had been misused. He said they would investigate the matter jointly with the PRT and the relevant government departments.

Educationinfo-icon Director Hosni Mubarak Azizi demanded a thoroughgoing investigation into the issue, saying his department had a complete report on the projects executed in the education sector.

mas/mud

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update