Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

US military base transferred to Afghans

US military base transferred to Afghans

By
On
Nov 13, 2013 - 17:13

KHOST CITY (PANinfo-icon): American forces on Wednesday handed over their largest base in southeastern Khost province to the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSFinfo-icon), the governor’s house said.

Accompanying by high-ranking military officials, Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi visited the Salerno base said Afghan forces would benefit from taking charge of the facility.

In a statement from his office, the governor asked the central government to provide the required facilities to Afghan soldiers in the volatile border province.

The Salerno base has many facilities, including an airfield that was earlier used by US-led coalition troops, the statement added.

The Transport and Aviation Ministry had been asked to ensure protection of the airfield of the military base, it said, adding provincial authorities had started working to build a separate airport in Khost.

According to the statement, American forces have also been using the former Chapman Airport of Khost province as their second base.

mds

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update