Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

No casualties as bomb targets ISAF-ANA drill

Security & Crime

ارشيف

No casualties as bomb targets ISAF-ANA drill

By
On
Jan 19, 2014 - 13:53

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): A roadside bomb targeted a joint ISAFinfo-icon-Afghan forces training exercise in Deh Sabz district of central Kabul province, but there were no casualties, the alliance said on Sunday.

In a statement, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) strike on Saturday, saying the enemy forces attempt was ineffective to cause ISAF fatalities.

The ISAF statement said: "The incident took place during a joint training exercise with ANA forces."
Asserting responsibility for the botched attack, Talibaninfo-icon spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said ISAF had suffered fatalities.

He said four foreign soldiers had been killed and five others injured in the attack.

nh/rm/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update