Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Civilian killed in Khost operation

Security & Crime

ارشيف

Civilian killed in Khost operation

By
On
Feb 11, 2014 - 16:21

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): One civilian was killed and three others injured by Afghan forces during a mid-night operation in pursuit of a notorious rebel commander in the Babak district of southeastern Khost province, officials said on Tuesday.

The governor’s office said the operation was conducted after intelligence information indicated the presence of a dreaded Talibaninfo-icon commander in the area.

Afghan security forces came under attack from a house in Kotli area and an individual was killed as the forces returned fire, the governor’s house statement said.

Another three persons injured in the incident were rushed to hospital by the forces, it said, claiming the targeted Taliban commander was arrested during the operation.

Elsewhere, one militant was killed and two others wounded in a blast caused by their own explosives in eastern Nangarhar province.

The governor’s spokesman, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News the blast took place inside a shop in Maulviinfo-icon Khalis Families area of Jalalabad on Monday.

The individuals were making bombs when the blast occurred, he said. He said an investigation into the incident had been opened.

nh/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update