Pajhwok Services

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

6 deminers killed in Herat attack

6 deminers killed in Herat attack

By
On
Jul 10, 2014 - 12:11

HERAT CITY (Pajhwok): Six Afghan deminers were killed, one injured and three others went missing following a Talibaninfo-icon attack on a convoy of Halo Trust, a mine-clearing agency, in western Herat province on Thursday, an official said.

The incident took place when the convoy was heading to a demining site in the Kaman area of Kohsan district early in the morning, police spokesman Col. Abdul Rauf Ahmadi told Pajhwok Afghan News.

Six of the deminers were killed in the attack and three others kidnapped, he said. Ahmadi added that police had launched a search for the hostages.

The Taliban have not commented so far on the incident. About a month ago, a deminer was killed and eight others were wounded in rebel attack in the Qarabagh district of southern Ghazni province.

mds/rm/mud

 

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement