Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

5 killed, 100 netted in Chaparhar offensive

5 killed, 100 netted in Chaparhar offensive

By
On
Nov 04, 2014 - 13:56

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Five militants have been killed and 100 suspects detained during an Afghan-NATOinfo-icon operation in the Chaparhar district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Tuesday.

The fighters’ bodies were collected by security forces in the Ghazu area of the district, Nangarhar police spokesman Col. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal told Pajhwok Afghan News.

He said 100 suspected individuals had been netted so far during the ongoing offensive, which was launched late on Monday night. The area would be cleared of criminals and terrorists, he pledged.

But resident Ulfat Khan alleged several farmers were among the detainees. As house searches continue, Tribal elders have reportedly launched efforts to secure their early release.

Meanwhile, Talibaninfo-icon spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid also confirmed the operation. However, he claimed all detainees were ordinary people with no links to the rebel movement.

mud

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update