Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Casualties as Hesarak clashes continue

Casualties as Hesarak clashes continue

By
On
Jul 29, 2014 - 12:30

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Armed insurgents launched attacks on several security posts in the Hesarak district of eastern Nangarhar province on Tuesday morning, with both sides suffering casualties, officials said.

The rebels attacked security forces guarding the district centre and those manning nearby posts at around 4am, the provincial governor’s spokesman said.

Ahmad Zia Abdulzai said so far more than 50 attackers had been killed and wounded during the clashes that left two policemen dead. The clashes were still ongoing, he said.

But a security official, wishing anonymity, said so far seven attackers had been killed and 12 others wounded. Five security personnel were killed and eight others were wounded, he said.

The two officials said civilians stayed unhurt during the clashes as of 11am. The Talibaninfo-icon have so far not commented on the incident.

ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update