Pajhwok Services

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Suspected rebels dead in Nangarhar drone strike

Suspected rebels dead in Nangarhar drone strike

By
On
Sep 09, 2014 - 10:28

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Three suspected militants have been killed in a US drone strike in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, a police spokesman said on Tuesday.

Col. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal confirmed the unmanned drone attack, saying insurgent commander Attiqullah and his aide had been injured.

He told Pajhwok Afghan News Afghan security forces conducted a clearing operations in Haska Mina district and purged most parts of the town of insurgents.

At least nine militants were killed in the offensive, he added. Three security check posts, he said, had been established to bolster security and maintain the gains of the operation.

rm/mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement