Pajhwok Services

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

US forces apologise for Logar civilian deaths

US forces apologise for Logar civilian deaths

By
On
Dec 27, 2014 - 20:44

PUL-I-ALAM (Pajhwok): US forces on Saturday apologised y to the families of five Afghan civilians killed in an overnight coalition airstrike in central Logar province, a senior public representative said.

Habibullah Stanikzai, the provincial council head, told Pajhwok Afghan News the US force commander in Logar met family members of the victims at the Afghan National Army’s 203rd Thunder Military Corps Headquarters and apologised to them for the tragic incident

He said the US commander told the families they had been provided wrong intelligence report.

The Friday’s airstrike also left another five civilians wounded in the Baraki Barak district. Acting Governor Niaz Muhammad Amiri said: “Foreign forces wanted to target a group of militants but unfortunately they hit a house inflicting causalities on civilians.”

Police chief Brig. Gen Abdul Hakim Ishaqzai also said the US troops had tendered apology over the incident.

However, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAFinfo-icon) in Kabulinfo-icon has not commented yet on the incident.

nh/rm/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement