Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

No letup in Taliban, Daesh fight as 5 more killed

No letup in Taliban, Daesh fight as 5 more killed

By
On
May 27, 2015 - 14:22

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Clashes between Talibaninfo-icon insurgents and Islamic State (IS) or Daesh fighters in eastern Nangarhar province have left five more fighters dead, an official said on Wednesday.

Nauman Atifi, spokesman of the 201th Selab Military Corps in east, told Pajhwok Afghan news the clashes erupted Tuesday in Batikot district. The slain fighters, he added, were from both sides.

Haji Ghaleb, Batikot administrative chief, said three dead fighters belonged to Daesh, while two others were member of Taliban. The clashes, he said, had occurred in Kozi Chardehi locality.

Ghaleb added Maulviinfo-icon Abbas, a former Taliban commander, who had joined the Daesh ranks was arrested in yesterday’s clashes by Taliban.

The militants have not commented about the incident so far. Last month also in Achin and Spinghar district, the clashes between the two groups lasted for several days.

hg/rm

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update