Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Governor wants thorough probe into Jalrez clash

Governor wants thorough probe into Jalrez clash

By
On
Jul 04, 2015 - 16:45

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The governor of central Maidan Wardak province on Saturday asked the visiting high-level security delegation to address security related issues of Jalrez district.

Hayatullah Hayat expressed these views during a meeting with Interior Minister Noor-ul-Haq Ulumi, Armey Chief Qadam Shah Shahim and other high ranking officials in Maidan Shahr, the provincial capital, the governor spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News.

The governor expressed deep concerns over growing incidents of insecurity and asked the officials concerned to provide every facility to security forces for improved law and order in the province.

Ulumi assured the governor of his support. Security forces will ensure security of southern highway that passed through Wardak, he added.

On Friday, at least 30 militants and 18 Afghan Local Policemen (ALP) have been killed and 18 other rebels wounded in Kabul-Bamyan highway clashes in central Maidan Wardak province.

The lawmakers claimed in a press conference that 30 security forces had been killed in fighting. Talibaninfo-icon also claimed killing scores of security forces and seizing several check posts.

Security forces, however, regained control of three security check posts and extended anti-militants operation in Jalrez district early Saturday, said Khogyani. 

Separately, the Organization of Afghan Youth for Reforms and Change claimed Taliban has burned bodies of some ALP in the Jalrez district.

Syed Maysam Ihsani, policy director of the organization, told Pajhwok Afghan News the burning of dead bodies was a criminal act, which was against the rules of war.

He said a provincial council member belonging to central Bamyan and some other officials who fled Jalrez district had confirmed the incident.

Ihsani told reporters Jalrez fighting had last for 26 hours and no reinforcement had been reached to security forces from the central government.

nh/rm

 

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update