Pajhwok Services

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

71 rebels perish in ongoing Nangarhar offensive

71 rebels perish in ongoing Nangarhar offensive

By
On
Aug 10, 2015 - 14:17

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least 71 insurgents have been killed, 38 others wounded and 83 landmines recovered during an ongoing offensive in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Monday.

The military offensive codenamed Iron Triangular had been launched in the Khogyani, Sherzad and Hisarak districts by Afghan National Army (ANA).

The Governor Spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told Pajhwok Afghan News various issues pertaining to security had been discussed in a weekly meeting chaired by the governor.

He said police chief, military commander of 201st Selab Military Corps, director National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon), commander of the 301st Border Zone and other officials attended the meeting.

He said ongoing offensive, security situations in districts, cities and arrangements for the 96th independent day had been discussed in details.

Police Chief Fazal Ahmad Sherzad praised ANA commanders and said due to better coordination things were progressing well and the ongoing offensives would yield positive outcome.

NDS director briefed the meeting about the current security situation of the province and said that security officials rendered huge scarifies to maintain law and order.

Governor Salim Khan Kunduzi praised security forces for launching offensive against terrorists in difficult time.

nh/rm

 

 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement