Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

46 land-grabbers in Nangarhar referred to prosecutors

46 land-grabbers in Nangarhar referred to prosecutors

By
On
Jan 25, 2016 - 15:05

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Forty-six people detained on land-grabbing charges have been referred to the attorney office in eastern Nangarhar province, officials said on Monday.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News efforts had been stepped to reclaim the lands grabbed by some individuals in different parts of the province.

He said around 2,000 acres of land in Nangarhar had been taken back from illegal occupants and 46 individuals detained. The suspects have been introduced to the attorney office.

On the other hand, police spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal said a campaign against land-grabbers was underway in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, Rodat, Kama, Shewa, Surkh Rod and Behsud districts.

The drive would bed extend to other areas too, he promised, saying the governor’s house was in coordination with security and judicial organs, as well as other government offices.

Col. Mashriqiwal appreciated the performance of different government organs against the illegal occupation of state-owned land. But he believed more efforts were needed to wrest back the government’s properties.

mds/mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update