Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

3 ANA soldiers killed, 18 wounded in Balkh suicide attack

3 ANA soldiers killed, 18 wounded in Balkh suicide attack

By
On
Feb 08, 2016 - 08:56

MAZAR-I-SHARIF (Pajhwok): At least three Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers were killed and 18others injured on Monday morning when a suicide bomber hit their vehicle in Mazar-i-Sahrif, the provincial capital of northern Balkh province, an official and witnesses said.

The suicide attack occurred at 7:30am near a vehicle of the Afghan forces in the Nawababad area on the outskirts of Mazar-i-Sharif, eyewitness Basir said.

The attacker detonated his suicide vest near the minibus of the Shaheen Military Corps, killing three soldiers and injuring 18 others, the deputy police chief, Col. Abdul Raziq Qadari, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

However, a resident of the area, Abdul Sattar said he saw eight dead bodies and many wounded people at the site. Locals saw a motorcyclist in a military uniform in the area 20 minutes before the incident.

The motorcyclist might have been the suicide bomber, believed the local development council head in the Nawababad locality, Abdul Saboor.

Meanwhile, Talibaninfo-icon spokesman, Zabihullah Mujhaid, asserted responsibility for the suicide attack, saying heavy casualties had been inflicted on the security personnel.

myn/mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update