Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

23 rebels killed in Badakhshan offensive: MoI

23 rebels killed in Badakhshan offensive: MoI

By
On
Feb 21, 2016 - 17:34

FAIZABAD (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Interior (MoI) on Sunday said 23 militants have been killed and five others wounded during an operation in Argo district of northeastern Badakhshan province.

A statement from the MoI received by Pajhwok Afghan News said all villages of Argo district had been cleared of insurgents as a result of the joint operation of Afghan forces, in which nine more militants were arrested.

On the other hand, Badakhshan’s deputy police chief Col. Sakhi Dad Haidari told Pajhwok Afghan News a seven-member militant group has joined the peace process in Argo.

He said the group led by Qari Bismillah also surrendered their weapons to the government. The joining could leave positively impact the security situation, he added.

Mullahinfo-icon Bismillah, leader of the reconciling group said, they had been active against the government over the past three years. He said they recently agreed that violence had given them no advantage.

Provincial peace committee director Ghawsuddin Rahmani said more than 600 militants had joined the reconciliation programme in Badakhshan so far.

mds/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update