Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

4 more insurgents eliminated in Chardara offensive: Police

4 more insurgents eliminated in Chardara offensive: Police

By
On
Mar 09, 2016 - 15:34

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Four militants were killed and two others wounded in ongoing military operation in the Chardara district of northern Kunduz province on Wednesday, an official said.

Police chief Brig. Gen. Mohammad Qasim Jangal Bagh, told Pajhwok Afghan Newsthe slow-paced offensivewas aimed at avoiding civilian causalities.

A large quantity of explosives, landmines and suicide vests had been destroyed in Afghan Air Force raids in the district, he claimed, saying security forces were closing in on Nawabad and Yatim villages.

The Talibaninfo-icon have not yet commented on the security forces’ progress, but the group claimed Afghan Local Police (ALP) Commander Qarahhad been seriously wounded in Dobandi locality.

A resident of Yatim village, who wished anonymity, accused the insurgents of using civilian houses, particularly guestrooms, as bunkers.

Earlier security forces had claimed inflicting heavy causalities on the fighters during the ongoing offensive.

nh/mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update