Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Casualties as clashes enter a second day in Uruzgan

Casualties as clashes enter a second day in Uruzgan

By
On
Mar 21, 2016 - 14:58

TIRINKOT (Pajhwok): One Afghan National Army (ANA) soldier and five Talibaninfo-icon have been killed during intense clashes entering a second day in Charchino district of central Uruzgan, an official said on Monday.

Charchino district police chief Wali Dad Wari told Pajhwok Afghan News the clashes broke out after Taliban militants mounted attacks on police check-posts in different parts of the district.

He said The Taliban could not overrun the district if security forces were provided with weapons and ammunition.

Nimatullah, a resident of the locality, said Taliban continued their attacks on security forces in Hoshi and Dusang Kotal areas, displacing thousands of families.

He said the main highway had been blocked over the past one year, with residents using different routes to reach their destinations.

The Taliban have so far not commented about the clashes in Charchino district, but the group on its website claimed killing two security personnel and capturing a police-check post in Kundi Ghondi locality of Tirinkot, the provincial capital.

nh/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update