Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

No casualties as IED hits NATO convoy in Parwan

No casualties as IED hits NATO convoy in Parwan

By
On
May 21, 2016 - 11:30

CHARIKAR (Pajhwok): A roadside bomb struck a foreign troops’ convoy in the Bagram district of central Parwan province on Saturday, NATOinfo-icon’s Resolute Support (RS) mission said, denying any casualties.

“We can confirm that one coalition vehicle was struck by an IED (improvised explosive device) this morning in the vicinity of Bagram,” an RS statement said.

It said despite Taliban’s claims and reports in the media, there were no injuries to coalition personnel involved

Abdul Shakor Qodusi, the town’s administrative chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News the explosion in Nasro village took place at around 10:00am, targeting foreign forces.

He had no information about causalities, saying the area had been cordoned off by foreign troops who allowed no one to come close to the explosion site.

Mohammad Nazir Danishjoy, a resident, said two civilians were wounded in the explosion, but was unaware about the fate of foreign troops.

The Talibaninfo-icon quickly claimed responsibility for the blast, but said nothing about causalities.

nh/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update