Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Heavy casualtieds inflicted on rebels in Helmand, Faryab

Heavy casualtieds inflicted on rebels in Helmand, Faryab

By
On
Oct 21, 2016 - 18:21

LASHKARGAH/MAIMANA (Pajhwok): Fifty-eight militants have been killed in counter-insurgency operations in Helmand and provinces, authorizes claimed on Friday.

In Lashkargah, the governor’s office said 38 insurgents, including two Talibaninfo-icon commanders, were killed on the second of an ongoing offensive codenamed “Qahr-i-Maiwand”. 

Another 16 fighters were wounded during operations in different areas of the province, a statement from the governor’s house said. 

The ground forces had air support. The dead commanders were identified as Mullahinfo-icon Mujahid and Mullah Khalid.

Meanwhile, 215th Corps Commander Gen. Wali Mohammad Ahmadzai told journalists that the security personnel seized 10 binoculars from militants.

Last night, he said, 200 fresh troops had arrived from the Shorab base. The reinforcements have deployed to security checkpoints around Lashkargah, the provincial capital. 

In western Farah province, authorities claimed, 20 fighters had been killed and 25 others wounded in Khwaja Sabazposh, Shirin Tagab and Dawlatabad districts.

Governor Syed Anwar Sadaat told Pajhwok Afghan News the militants suffered the casualties after they attacked ANA commandoes on their way to Qaisar and Ghormach districts.

At least four Afghan soldiers were wounded and one of their tanks damaged in the clash, the governor added.

mud

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update