Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Kandahar police claim progress in attack probe

Kandahar police claim progress in attack probe

By
On
Jan 16, 2017 - 22:05

KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): The police chief on Monday said 17 suspects have been arrested so far in connection with Tuesday’s deadly bomb blast at the governor’s house of southern Kandahar province.

The blast that ripped through a government guesthouse inside the governor’s house left several dead including five UAE diplomats, two Afghan lawmakers and the deputy governor of Kandahar, Abdul Ali Shamsi.

Gen. Abdul Raziq, the Kandahar police chief who attended a memorial service for Abdul Ali Shamsi, told reporters here that teams from central capital Kabulinfo-icon, the UAE and foreign forces were jointly investigating the attack and the investigators had made progress.

He said the investigation revealed how the explosives were planted at the guesthouse. But he said it would be premature to go into details as the investigation was ongoing.

The police chief said the explosives had been skillfully placed in coaches of the guesthouse. He said they were working on who the perpetrators used in plotting the attack.

He said advantage had been taken of reconstructioninfo-icon works at the governor’s house involving engineers and labourers in executing the attack.

ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update