Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Nearly 1,400 MoD officials dismissed in 6 months

Nearly 1,400 MoD officials dismissed in 6 months

By
On
Mar 28, 2017 - 21:35

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Defense (MoD) on Tuesday said it had dismissed about 1,400 officials over corruption charges and replaced with young and committed ones during the past six months.

Lt. Gen. Hilaludin Hilal, deputy defense minister, told a press conference here that the ministry leadership was committed to fighting against corruption and misuse of authority.

He added nearly 1,400 MoD employees, mostly officers, were removed over corruption and negligence in duty and young and committed officers were hired in their place.

The deputy defense minister said 2,040 cases of corruption and misuse of authority were under investigation. The accused included officers and some generals. They were accused of corruption and selling weapons, misuse of authority, fraud and violations of law.

Hilal said 109 people, accused of selling arms and ammunition and 145 people including 43 civilian officers accused of spying had been referred to judicial authorities.

He said the case of Mohammad Moain, a former commander of the 215th Maiwand Military Corps, accused of negligence in duty, selling of weapons, stealing soldiers ration and oil, had been referred to the anti corruption justice center.

The deadly attack on the 400 bed Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan military hospital was planed outside of the country, Hilal said, adding security cameras at the hospital were used in a good way to recognize attackers’ faces.

He said details of the attack on the hospital would be shared with citizens through the media soon.

The deputy defense minister said the procurement process in 1395 solar yearinfo-icon had been successful compared to the last decade and the process had been transparent and coordinated with donors.

He assured the Defence Ministry’s money would be consumed in a transparent way.

Meanwhile, Major Gen. Dawlat Waziri, MoD spokesperson, said six billion afghanis had been saved in the procurement last year, showing the commitment of the ministry to fighting corruption.

He added the war in Afghanistaninfo-icon was a proxy war. “The war is not against the Talibaninfo-icon but terrorism and almost 20 terrorist groups are active in Afghanistan”.

kh/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update