Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

47 Daesh militants eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

47 Daesh militants eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

By
On
Apr 05, 2017 - 13:32

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least 47 Daesh or Islamic State (IS) rebels have been killed as a result of air-and-ground operation in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, military statement said on Wednesday.

A media release from the 201st Selab Military Corps in eastern zone of the country, said Afghan commando forces carried out the air and ground strikes against militants in Achin district.

Forty-seven Daesh militants, including four notorious commanders had been killed in the offensive, the statement said.

Shadall, Abdulkhel, Janjal Shegi, Bezodat and Kandar villages had been cleared of Daesh presence in Achin districts during the operation. Security forces recovered a rocked and two Kalashnikovs during the offensive.

The statement did not provided details about security forces and civilians casualties.

Daesh have not commented about the Afghan commando offensive.

Sa/nh

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update