Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

13 more Daesh rebels eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

Security & Crime

ارشيف

13 more Daesh rebels eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

By
On
Apr 11, 2017 - 11:18

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Thirteen Daesh or Islamic State (IS) rebels have been killed during clearing operation and airstrike in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Tuesday.

Police spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal said the insurgent were killed in Peshai area of the district on Monday where clearing operation codenamed Hamza was going on.

The offensive had been launched by Afghan Special Forces with foreign troops air force support. 

Security forces in the eastern zone of the country said the offensive was aimed at pressing the Daesh rebels and establishment of military posts and bases in the area for complete stability and law and order.

So far as many as 243 Daesh rebels, including seven notorious commanders, had been killed and seven wounded in the operation, said Lt. Col. Sherin Aqa Faqir spokesman for 201st Selab military corps.

It is pertinent to mention that security officials claimed last year 1,500 Daesh rebels existed in the eastern part of the country but if the number of dead and wounded IS insurgents was counted it would surpass the earlier mentioned figure.

nh

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update