Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Nearly a dozen security men killed in Uruzgan attack

Nearly a dozen security men killed in Uruzgan attack

By
On
May 28, 2017 - 18:36

TIRINKOT (Pajhwok): Insurgents launched attacks on security posts in the Charchino district of central Uruzgan province on Saturday night, killing nearly 11 security men, with the firefight still ongoing, officials said.

Deputy provincial police chief, Col. Abdul Qawi Omari, told Pajhwok Afghan News the Talibaninfo-icon attacked the district centre last night and the ensuing clash was ongoing as of 5pm Sunday afternoon.

He said both the sides suffered casualties but exact figures were not known. He said the insurgents only captured security posts and were unable to further advance.

However, a reliable police source confided to Pajhwok that nine Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and two policemen had been killed and some others wounded in the Taliban attack. He said the Taliban-designated district chief for Charchino was also killed during the clashes.

sns/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update