Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Latest clashes drive 3,000 families from Kunduz homes

Security & Crime

ارشيف

Latest clashes drive 3,000 families from Kunduz homes

By
On
Jun 13, 2017 - 14:31

KUDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Thousands of families have fled homes after more than 500 houses were damaged as a result of latest clashes in the Imaminfo-icon Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, officials said on Tuesday.

Imamuddin Quraishi, the district chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News no aid had so far reached the displaced families from the government or local authorities.

He urged the government to provide relief assistance to the families as soon as possible. More than 500 houses were torched and damaged due to the latest conflict in different villages, he added.

The district chief said Governor Omarkhel, during a meeting with the displaced families, had vowed immediate assistance to them. The governor also vowed revenge on militants for displacing the people.

Rahimullah, a displaced individual, said government officials were unconcerned about their situation. He said their crops had been damaged in the war and the displaced families faced huge problems.

“Houses are destroyed, people martyred, dozens wounded and our cattle died due to lack of water, we want security first and then assistance”, he added.

A member of the provincial council, Yousaf Ayobi, also expressed concern over the situation of the displaced people.

Pajhwok tried to contact local officials in Kunduz about the displaced people’s problems, but in vain.

sa/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update