Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Kunduz-Baghlan highway closed after clashes

Kunduz-Baghlan highway closed after clashes

By
On
Jul 03, 2017 - 13:00

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): The Kunduz-Baghlan highway was blocked on Monday as a result of clashes between security forces and Talibaninfo-icon in Aliabad district, an official said.

Hayatullah Faqiri, the district’s administrative chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News the Taliban attacked security check-posts on the highway in Madrassainfo-icon area at 5:00am.

He said the militants had established checkpoints on the busy road, which had to be blocked for traffic. The security forces are trying to push back the insurgents and reopen the highway.

On the other hand, fierce clashes erupted between in Talwakah area of Kunduz. A security source revealed an Afghan army base was under Taliban siege and a clash underway.

Zabihullah Mujahid, Taliban’s spokesman, claimed causalities had been inflicted on security forces in Charkhab and Mullahinfo-icon Sardar areas of Kunduz City. Several tanks had been destroyed, he said.

sa/mud

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update