Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Latest clashes in Imam Sahib leave 2,000 families displaced

Security & Crime

ارشيف

Latest clashes in Imam Sahib leave 2,000 families displaced

By
On
Dec 17, 2017 - 18:22

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Thousands of families have fled their homes as a result of clashes in the Imaminfo-icon Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, officials said on Sunday.

Mahboobullah Syedi, the district chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News security forces recently launched an operation that had harmed many families. The affected people are said to be in serious trouble.

He said around 2,000 household had been displaced from Kambz, Joi Begum and Kunjak villages of the town due to continuing violence.

Meanwhile, Salam Hashmi, director of refugees and repatriation affairs, confirmed about 2,000 families had fled Imam Sahib so far.

“Many houses have been damaged. We have dispatched a team to survey the exact number of displaced families. A proper plan would be devised for immediate assistance to them,” he promised.

Hashmi added the families had been displaced to the district centre and some other stable areas. The displaced people were faced with major problems, he continued.

Nawroz, who was displaced from Kunjak village, said: “Afghan forces conducted air-and-ground operations in our village. Our homes were destroyed and we were forced to flee.” He complained they were yet to get assistance.

Another resident, Janullah, said the government should inform the residents before conducting operation. “When operation begins people remain unaware and leaving as a result of problems.”

Ghulam Hazrat, spokesman for the 209th Shaheen Military Corps, confirmed the displacement of residents from Imam Sahib. “Talibaninfo-icon have made bunkers in people’s houses. Thus airstrikes have damaged some houses and the families managed to flee their houses.”

According to Ghulam, the security forces have been trying best not to avoid on civilian casualties or residential houses during the offensive.

sa/mud

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update