Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

38 uplift projects being implemented in 9 provinces: MRRD

38 uplift projects being implemented in 9 provinces: MRRD

By
On
Dec 24, 2017 - 20:54

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) on Sunday announced it would execute 38 new projects worth 426 million afghanis in nine provinces of the country.

Contracts for the projects were signed between MRRD Minister Mujiburahman Karimi and a number of villages Community Development Councils (CDC) in Kabul on Sunday.

Karimi said the 38 projects in irrigation sector would be implemented under the ministry’s National Solidarity Program (NSP).

He said the projects would cost a total amount of 426 million afs and would be implemented in Badakhshan, Baghlan, Daikundi, Ghorinfo-icon, Kandahar, Nangarhar, Paktia, Kunar and Panjshir provinces.

He said the projects would take six months to complete and would benefit as many as 102,000 individuals.

The MRRD said 90 percent costs of the projects were being provided by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and the remaining 10 percent by local people.

Karimi, while asking the CDCs to pay heed to the quality of projects, said the MRRD would monitor work of the CDCs.

Ashrafullah, Khairabad Council head in Behsud district of eastern Nangarhar province, said the council had signed the contract of constructing a boundary wall in Khairabad village. “The project would benefit about 500 families and save 500 acres of land from flooding.”

Malak Khalid Khan, the Radish Village CDC head in Dara-i-Pech district of eastern Kunar province, said he was awarded the contract of building a retaining wall in their village.

 “Our council is committed to implementing the project while observing quality and meeting the terms of the contract.”

sns/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update