Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

45 Save the Children employees rescued: Mangal

45 Save the Children employees rescued: Mangal

By
On
Jan 24, 2018 - 18:29

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): As the battle between security forces and gunmen continued inside the Save the Children compound in eastern Nangarhar province as of 5pm Wednesday, the governor said 45 officials of the children’s organization were rescued.

Addressing reporters here, Governor Gulab Mangal said three people, including two employees of the Save the Children, were killed and 24 others injured in the assault.

Eighteen injured people were discharged from hospitals after initial treatment, Mangal said, adding the number of assailants was six.

He said a total 45 employees had been rescued from the building, adding that security forces were still engaged battling the attackers.

The governor acknowledged security officials had also suffered casualties but exact number would be provided to the media by security officials.

The attack began when a suicide bombing allowing other attackers to enter the office of Save the Children organization in Jalalabad.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the attack in the limits of the 3rd police district of the city began at around 9am.

nh/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update