Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Toll from Kandahar blast surges to 21 dead, 41 injured

Toll from Kandahar blast surges to 21 dead, 41 injured

By
On
May 23, 2018 - 17:01

KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): The toll from Tuesday’s bombing in Kandahar City, the capital of southern Kandahar province, has reached 21 dead and 41 others injured, hospital sources said Wednesday.

A search was still underway at the blast site as some bodies might have been buried under the rubble of destroyed buildings.

Police and officials of the National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) yesterday seized explosive materials in two containers. As one container bomb was defused, the second container went off while being defused.

Hospital sources confirmed 21 bodies and 41 injured had been evacuated to the hospital after the blast.

Niamatullah, senior doctor at the hospital, said treatment of the injured people was underway and their condition was improving.

Mohammad Rahim, a mechanic, told Pajhwok Afghan New that the site of the blast remained cordoned off for the second day by security forces and investigation was underway.

He said many people had been missing and security forces were searching for them.

The area where the blast happened was called Fabreka Srai where cotton and animal hide were being sold and some mechanic workshops and Uruzgan vehicle parking also exist there.

There was no claim of responsibility for the blast.

The Presidential Palace and the Kandahar governor’s office strongly condemned the coward act of terrorism and termed it a crime against the people of Afghanistaninfo-icon in the holy month of Ramadaninfo-icon.

nh/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update