Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Clashes displace dozens of families in Ghazni

Clashes displace dozens of families in Ghazni

By
On
Jun 02, 2018 - 17:27

GHAZNI CITY (Pajhwok): Recent conflict in Deh Yak and Ajristan districts of southern Ghazni province has displaced dozens of families who have been leading a miserable life.

Over the past one month, clashes had been ongoing in Deh Yak, Ajristan, Jaghatu and Andar districts between Afghan security forces and Talibaninfo-icon militants, with both sides claiming to have inflicted casualties on the other.

Noorullah, a resident of Mandokhel locality of Ajristan district, told Pajhwok Afghan News that some families had been displaced to other areas due to the conflict in their areas.

“War had ended in our locality, but people still fear clashes may erupt again.”

He further said some homes of the displaced people had been destroyed, torched or hit with bullets fired during clashes between the security forces and Taliban insurgents.

Sha Mohammad, a resident of Alokhel locality of the same district, said the Taliban torched homes of individuals who worked in security forces’ ranks.

He said the Taliban had presence in their village and in others places, thus they could not return to their home.

According to his information, a number of their district residents had migrated to central Daikundi province and some to Ghazni province.

Mohammad Rasool, a resident of Tonpir locality of Deh Yak district, said they left home for safety two weeks ago.

He said dozens of others families had also left their homes because of the war and people still feared fresh assaults.

A number of other displaced people expressed similar views and urged the government to rebuild their homes and provide them some food assistance as well.

About the issue, Governor Abdul Karim Mateen said Taliban militants had forcibly evicted civilians from their homes to use them as bastions.

He said the displaced people had so far not contacted them and they would be provided aid if needed.

But Taliban rejected they forced people into leaving homes.  Zabihullah Mujahid said people had left homes due to security forces artillery shelling. “Taliban have not said to anyone to leave home”, he concluded.

pk/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update